RSS

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breaded Sardine Greek Bake


I was sitting in the car with my Mom last night and I told her what I was having for dinner...she made a face. Sardines get a bad wrap, but really they taste just like white fish and are loaded with omega 3's and protein. Trust me and give them a try!

2 tablespoons corn meal
1/2 can of sardines
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 handful fresh spinach
1/2 tomato
4 artichoke hearts
1 tablespoon chopped black olives
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1/5 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven at 350. Mix herbs and corn meal in small bowl, add sardines and mix until they are completely breaded. Take a small casserole dish (individual size) and add spinach. Add tomato, artichoke, olives, and sardines (leaving sardines on the top). Pour olive oil over salad and place in oven at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove dish from oven and top with parmesan.

0 comments: