RSS

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Egg White Salad-- how have I not had this before?!


I'm really confused how I have not had this before. Tuna salad was pretty common in my house growing up and it wasn't until college that I tried chicken salad, when I shared lunch with a friend (that's great too!), but egg salad-- for some reason I hadn't tried. I guess I just didn't think it would be any good, but it's delicious people! I'm sure most of you have tried it. this egg white version helps by reducing cholesterol if that is something that concerns you, it also just reduces calories in general. I used boxed egg whites, but you could use the real thing-- it just might take a lot of eggs!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup Egg Whites
3/4 tablespoon Mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
1 tablespoon Chives or red onion
1/2 tablespoon Capers
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 pieces of Bacon (optional, but sure are good!)

Place eggs in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute, or until fully cooked. Chop egg mixture and place back in bowl. Add mayonnaise mustard and olive oil to eggs and mix well. Chop chives and capers then add to mixture. Lastly add salt and pepper to your taste. I added bacon to my sandwich, but it would be great to add the bacon directly to the egg salad mixture too! Another twist too- you could substitute the regular mayonnaise for my chipotle mayonnaise :-)

0 comments: