RSS

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Oh Granola: how I've missed you!


There are so many things you miss out on when you're gluten free and even more when you're grain free. I've been pretty lucky to figure out how to reproduce so many of my favorites. I'm not really sure why it took me so long to even think of this! I love eating yogurt and am a huge snacker so granola used to a staple in my diet. When I was little my Mom would take us to Costco and I would get the granola in the HUGE milk carton and literally pour it into my mouth (of course I'd get yelled at for contaminating everyone's granola). So yesterday when I woke up around 5am and could not get back to sleep (it was awful), I got up and made this-- which was De-licious!

Ingredients:
1 cup Roasted Almonds
1/3 cup Sunflower seeds
1/8 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Shredded coconut
2 tablespoons Sesame seeds
1 tablespoon Molasses
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
2 teaspoons Stevia powder
Coconut oil for skillet (or butter)
**Feel free to add any other seeds or dried fruit

Warm a medium sized skillet to medium heat and add coconut oil. Chop almonds and place skillet. Chop sunflower seeds and raisins and also add to skillet, make sure to stir mixture to heat it evenly. Next add coconut and any other seeds you will be using. After mixing well lower heat to low then add molasses-- you do not want to cook the molasses. Next add stevia and vanilla. Heat mixture for a few more minutes then remove from heat. Turn the oven on to 375. Pour granola mixture onto a lined cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. This will help the granola become more crunchy. Remove from oven and let cool.

0 comments: